Is the course suitable for beginners?
Who are the ideal students for this course?
- Actors who want to maintain their physical skills between auditions and/or productions, or those who want to learn to use their body in new and more powerful ways.
- Dancers looking to become more expressive and authentic in their movement. (Butoh is great for that.)
- Performance Artists who want new tools to cultivate intense focus and energy.
Can I miss a class?
What is butoh?
How do I apply for scholarships / work-study?
- To apply for a scholarship, fill out the registration form (found on the class info page here), indicate that you'd like to apply for financial aid and follow the prompts. Be prepared to attend a workshop-style audition sometime on 8/30, 9/1, 9/3 from 7pm - 10pm and to write a 1000 word-or-less essay answering the question "Why is physical theatre important to the world right now?"
- To apply for work-study, fill out the registration form, indicate that you'd like to apply for financial aid and follow the prompts. You will also be asked to fill out a separate "Internship Application."
- Both work-study and scholarship recipients will be announced Friday, September 4, allowing non-recipient applicants time to register / pay their balance for the course (at the Early Bird Rate) until the Friday, September 11 registration cut-off.