Job Start Date: immediately
Job End Date: 3/21/2015 OR 3/28/2015 (pending extension)
Click here to see the complete rehearsal and performance schedule.
Pay: $100 stipend
- Rehearsals: 3/4, 7pm - 10pm; 3/7, 4pm - 7pm; 3/12, 7pm - 10pm
- Performances: Thursday - Saturday evenings, 8pm, March 5 - 21 (or 28 pending extension)
Complete rehearsal and performance schedule here.
Responsibilities: The Light/Sound Board Operator will be responsible for:
- Running lights and sound during performances. (NOTE: Due to the site-specific nature of this production, the lighting design features use of multiple practical instruments on a homemade dimmer board. The sound is operated from QLab on a laptop. Both are easy, but require a small amount of training.)
- Performing routine checks and basic maintenance on the lighting equipment.
- Assisting the Lighting Designer with set up of all props and practical lighting equipment at the beginning of each performance week.
- Assisting the Lighting Designer with strike of all props and practical lighting equipment at the end of each performance week.
- Other general production tasks & support as assigned by the Producing Artistic Director.
To read more about the production, click here.
- Minimum 1+ years of experience with theatre and/or dance.
- Production / technical theatre experience is a PLUS, but not required.
- Experience with site-specific theatre and/or touring is a PLUS.
- Ideal candidates will be creative, quick-thinking, with a knack for problem solving.
Interviews will be done over-the-phone ASAP. Position is open until filled.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letters detailing availability & past experience along with contact phone number to email@example.com / Subject Line: BOARD OP