Seeking Stage Manager for Dream Dances
Job Start Date: 2/5/2015 OR 2/26/2015 (negotiable)
Job End Date: 3/21/2015 OR 3/28/2015 (pending extension)
Click here to see the complete rehearsal and performance schedule.
Pay: $100 stipend
- Rehearsals on Thursday evenings, 7pm - 10pm.
- Technical Rehearsals: 3/1 and 3/2
- Performances: Thursday - Saturday evenings, 8pm, March 5 - 21 (or 28 pending extension)
Complete rehearsal and performance schedule here.
Responsibilities: The Stage Manager will be responsible for:
- Running lights and sound during performances. (NOTE: Due to the site-specific nature of this production, the lighting design features use of multiple practical instruments and a low-tech system of operation TBD.)
- Performing routine checks and basic maintenance on the props and lighting equipment.
- Assisting the Lighting Designer with set up of all props and practical lighting equipment at the beginning of each performance week.
- Assisting the Lighting Designer with strike of all props and practical lighting equipment at the end of each performance week.
- Other cleaning, correspondence, & support as assigned by the Producing Artistic Director.
To read more about the production, click here.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with theatre and/or dance production and/or tech.
- Experience with site-specific theatre and/or touring is a PLUS.
- Ideal candidates will be creative, quick-thinking, with a knack for problem solving.
Interviews will be scheduled.
Position is open until filled.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com / Subject Line: STAGE MANAGER